Goodwill Avenue began as Brighton Place and ran from Brighton Road to York Lane. In 1949, it was extended north as far as Crestwood Drive. The street was extended north through the George Johnson subdivision in the mid 1950s. When the street received the name, Goodwill Avenue, is still to be discovered.
This image shows York Lane at the bottom of the photo and the Goodwill House on the right side before Goodwill Avenue was extended.