Main Building, 1909

Main Building, 1909 <br> Photo from the Postcard Collection, City of Charlottetown Archives

Main Building, 1909
Photo from the Postcard Collection, City of Charlottetown Archives

Main Building was the first building constructed on the St. Dunstan’s College campus. It was first built of wood but by the 1860s, the wooden walls were replaced with brick that was shipped down to Charlottetown from Tignish – the same brick used for the Roman Catholic Church in Tignish. Main Building once housed classrooms, labs, a library, a residence and a chapel, however it now contains classrooms and office space. The building has undergone several renovations throughout its history including the addition of a wing and an annex on its eastern side.

 

Previous    Next