St. Dunstan’s University, like Prince of Wales College, had its roots in another much earlier institution. Bishop Angus MacEachern opened Saint Andrew’s College in 1831 to provide education to clergy for the newly formed Diocese of Charlottetown, as well as those entering other professions whether they were legal, medical or political. The College would be moved to College Hill (UPEI campus) in 1855, the same year that the City of Charlottetown was incorporated. Once moved, the College was renamed for the Anglo Saxon, St. Dunstan, who was the Archbishop of Canterbury in the 10th Century. His family came from Wessex, England and he had a long association with Glastonbury as a centre of learning.