Central Royalty School

Dorothy Forsythe Collection, City of Charlottetown Archives

Central Royalty School, c. 1930
Photo Courtesy of the Dorothy Forsythe Collection, City of Charlottetown Archives

The Central Royalty School was located on the Brackley Point Road and served the school district that would later become the Community of Sherwood. The community was proud of its school and it showed. In the 1930s, Central Royalty won numerous awards for the beautification of its grounds, for which Lieutenant Governor DeBlois awarded the School with a trophy, and each student received a box of chocolates – a greatly appreciated treat in the Depression era. A busy little school, in 1949, it became so overcrowded that officials were asking parents to volunteer to send their children to Parkdale Elementary.

 

Previous   Next

Advertisements