Spring Park School was located on what was once known as Union Street but is now Kirkwood Drive. The population of the Spring Park area began to flourish and in 1941, a large addition was added to the building. It provided access to six class rooms and a community hall. To accommodate a further increase in numbers, it was necessary to construct a new and modern school. In 1957, a new school was constructed on Dunkirk Avenue and the old building was closed.