The Charlottetown Riding Club, North River Road, c. 1920

The Charlottetown Riding Club, North River Road, c. 1920 <br> Dorothy Forsythe Collection, City of Charlottetown Archives

The Charlottetown Riding Club, North River Road, c. 1920
Dorothy Forsythe Collection, City of Charlottetown Archives

Major Duvar’s house (pictured above) was located on the south side of what is now Inkerman Boulevard. Duvar graciously allowed the Charlottetown Riding Club to meet at his residence and use his stables, while Mr. Kenneth Richards permitted the group to use his nearby land which was outfitted with bar and brush jumps, as well as a ring. The club was formed in 1932 and was made up of enthusiastic saddle horse owners, which included a large presence of those in the Prince Edward Island Light Horse (see above image).  The Charlottetown Riding Club would go on to provide horse shows at the Provincial Exhibition throughout the 1930s and 1940s.

 

Previous    Next