The three officers seated in front are identified as L-R Dr. G. L. Smith, Dr. J. J. Blake and Dr. James MacNeill. The Canadian Medical Corps was founded in 1904 but in 1909, the name changed to the Canadian Army Medical Corps, becoming the Royal Canadian Army Medical Corps in April of 1936. Dr. G.L. Smith entered WWI just as he was finishing medical school and attained the rank of Captain. He would go on to serve in WWII retire as a Major in 1943. His service to veterans would continue after wartime as he served as Chief Medical Officer for the Prince Edward Island Office of the Department of Veterans Affairs. He opened the Department’s medical office here in c. 1942.